1) If you did not buy and love the hell out of Monster Society of Evil, you are no friend of mine. Period. No exceptions. The Best Shots guys know what they're talking about.
2) I don't know what trend in comics art pisses me off more: photo"real"ism or this Top Cow revivalist period we seem to be going through. I'm voting the former for the moment.
Now we know why Spider-Man is wearing black. Mary Jane suffered a debilitating stroke in that last panel.
3) Morrison's "Batman and Son" arc was a bit of a letdown for me, even though there are plenty of elements of it that I enjoyed. But the stuff coming up in his next run of issues?
Oh, speaking of Morrison's Batman...you want to see fanboys get really mad, really fast? Make a comic with pages that look like this:
Haw, haw. Illiteracy.
4) Man, I know I am not the target demographic for the Minx line of graphic novels, but I am probably still going to get all or at least most of them. Jim Rugg? Andi Watson? Sonny Liew? Derek Kirk Kim? Yeah, I'll buy little girl books for those guys.
5) I have realized that writing is a waste of my time and is not in any way profitable for me, in any sense of the word, so I have completely given it up in exchange for Shakespearean theater. I will be doing ten shows of As You Like It over the course of the rest of the month. As such, the song for this week is one many of you have probably already heard--but suck it up anyway--The Decemberists' I Was Meant for the Stage.
That's all for now.